Into the Apex
Despite only being two years old, the game is a juggernaut in the FPS genre and a fan favourite across multiple platforms.
Season 9's Legacy update brought in the usual content - a new Legend, weapon, map changes and much more. Expect a similar serving of Apex content in this next update too.
Here's what we know about Season 10 of Apex Legends.
Loba Recolour Coming
The new Season is due to kick off on the 3rd August 2021.
This is determined by the end date for Season 9's Battle Pass.
- Instead of five ticks of damage per second, Caustic's gas will now increase in damage every other second (5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, etc.) with no limit on how much it can increase.
- The gas cloud created from Caustic's Nox Gas Grenade dissipates five seconds dooner.
- Enemies will get an audible and visual indication when Death Totem's death protection is about to end, letting them know that Revenant and his allies are about to be vulnerable.
- Horizon's ability to maneuver while in the air on her Gravity Lift is adjusting to be closer to how it was in Season 7, prior to her substantial nerfs in following seasons. It's not a total revert though.
- Fuse's Knuckle Cluster will last twice as long, allowing him to deny areas for longer.
- Enemies caught in The Motherlode will be highlighted (even if they're in a building or behind a wall), making it easier for Fuse and his allies to plan their follow-up attack.
Weapon And Hop-Up Changes
Spitfire and Alternator rotating into Care Packages
- Spitfire will revert to its pre-nerfed state and Alternator will automatically come equipped with Disruptor Rounds
- You can now purchase the Prowler in Arenas
Anvil Recevier and Quick Draw will be removed from the game
- Quick Draw will be automatically implemented into pistols (to a lesser degree)
New Hop-up - Booster Loader
- This goes on the Hemlock and Wingman, making the guns reload faster and get bonus ammo if reloaded at the right time.
L-STAR will now take barrel stabilizers and extended energy magazines
- Higher level energy mags will increase the time it takes to overheat and will cause it to cool faster
EVA-8 fire-rate when shotgun bolts equipped will be nerfed
- Reload speed will no longer be tied to extended mags, that trait will now be tied to standard stocks and sniper stocks
- Marksman Rifles will now take sniper stocks
New Legend - Seer
This Seaon's Legend is called Seer.
With microdrones and an artist's eye, Seer spots opportunities that other Legends might miss, and seizes them in the most beautiful way he can.
This new Legend has come out of the blue and wasn't what many predicted.
- Passive: Heartseeker – While aiming down sights, Seer can hear the heartbeat of nearby legends, helping him discover their location.
- Tactical: Focus of Attention – Seer releases several minidrones and after a delay they mark all enemies in front of him, interrupting their use of healing items/revives and revealing their locations and health to Seer and his allies for 8 seconds.
- Ultimate: Exhibit – See throws out his heart chamber, which releases hundreds of mini drones that form a sphere. Enemies that move quickly or fire their weapons in the sphere are marked, revealing their locaitons and footsteps to Seer and his allies. Enemies can destroy the heart chamber by shooting and destroying it, in a similar manner to stopping Crypto and Horizon's ultimate abilities.
World's Edge Map Update
We're bot getting a new map, but instead an update to an existing one.
World's Edge is on the brink of some major changes - we know that Train Yard, Refinery and Sorting Factory are the focal points.
Train Yard appears to be looking more like a scrapyard than a Train Yard. Sorting Factory seems to have been largely submerged in lava and now features a tram system. Refinery has been reportedly destroyed with snow potentially falling across the area.
Train Yard POI
Arenas Map Changes
King's Canyon's Hillside, World's Edge's Dome and Olympus' Oasis will be three maps that exist in the Arenas playlist rotation alongside Phase Runner, Party Crasher and Overflow.
This is Rampart's newest invention. It has a "surprising" power source. It can destroy destructiles.
The Rampage sets itself apart from the other LMGs by being a slower but more powerful variation of the Spitfire, making it an ideal mid-range weapon. Similar to the Sentinel sniper rifle, the Rampage can be charged. But instead of using shield cells, the Rampage takes thermite grenades. Once charged, the Rampage fires much more quickly, making it a decent close-range threat.
The Battle Pass for Apex Legends Season 10 will feautre new Weapon and Character Skins, Holosprays, Skydive Emotes, Apex Coins, Apex Packs, Weapon Charms and much more.
You'll unlock new rewards each time you level up with over 100 tiers to work your way through.
You can also receive free rewards if you don't feel like buying the Premium Battle Pass! Last season, players received a free Valkyrie Character Skin, 7 Apex Packs, 12 Weapon Skins, Win Trackers for All Legends, Music Pack, 300 Apex Coins and more.
The Battle Pass for Season 10 will cost 950 Apex Coins. Or, you can purchase the Battle Pass Bundle for 2,800 Coins.
It's been confirmed that Ranked Arenas are finally arriving.
Prove yourself an Apex Predator in either Arenas or Battle Royale for the first time ever. Or show you're the ultimate Champion by conquering both.
Follow us for the latest updates!