Ashes to Ash
There are big things in store for the Apex Legends Season 11 'Escape'.
While players are still fighting their way through the Emergence battle pass, we couldn’t help but look ahead at what’s to come in the battle royale’s future. And it just so happens that Apex’s next season could be its biggest yet.
But when does it start? What new content will it bring? And who will be the newest Legend to join the Apex roster?
Here’s everything we know about Apex Legends Season 11.
We're expecting the new season to take place between 1st-2nd November 2021.
The current season is set to run for 13 weeks, with the Halloween even drawing Season 10 to a close.
EA/Respawn has announced a flurry of changes in the patch notes pertaining to the new season of Apex Legends, and we're going to run over all the patch notes down below.
NEW LEGEND: ASH
- A new Legend with a familiar face, Ash has overseen the Arenas from the shadows and held a tight grip on Pathfinder’s heart. A simulacrum made from the woman who once was Dr. Ashleigh Reid, Ash is determined to eliminate every trace of weakness that held her back as a human.. Detecting death wherever she goes, spearing enemies with electric snares that lock them in place, tearing through space to take more lives-- it would be easy to think that there was nothing human left within that cold steel.
- But a trace of the human doctor remains, and she poses a greater threat to Ash than any Legend in the ring.
Passive: Marked for Death
Ash's map shows the location of recent deathboxes. She gets a special prompt on a deathbox, use it to mark surviving attackers (once per box).
Tactical: Arc Snare
Throw a spinning snare that damages and tethers the first enemy that gets too close.
Ultimate: Phase Breach
Tear open a one-way portal to a targeted location. This portal stays open for a short time, during which anyone can use it.
- This beautiful oasis was once an energy colony for the IMC, and the ruins remain. Many have tried to make a home here: all have failed. A survey of the area revealed the remains of three unique settlements built across the centuries, but no survivors.The colony lay abandoned, only visited by the occasional pirate or castaway. Now the Mercenary Syndicate has plans of their own for Storm Point.
- For the Escape update the map rotation will be back down to 2 maps; Storm Point and World’s Edge. With Storm Point being a whole new map, we want to make sure players have plenty of time to master the new arena.
NEW WEAPON: C.A.R. SMG
- When you’re in a precarious place, you need a dangerous, flexible weapon: meet the C.A.R. SMG. The Combat Advanced Round submachine gun is a fully automatic weapon that takes adaptability to the next level by accepting either Light or Heavy mags. The C.A.R. hits hard but handles light, this hybrid weapon’s the best of both worlds for when you’re ready to take a stand and become the most dangerous thing on the island.
BALANCE CHANGES: Legends
- Improved the reliability and responsiveness of placing Wattson's Tactical and Ultimate in-world objects.
- Wattson can place her Tactical and Ultimate objects on valid surfaces above Wattson's eye level (to a reasonable extent).
- General hitbox size increase, to compensate for the removal of low profile in the Legacy update.
Tactical - Perimeter Defense
- Increased damage on crossing a Fence by 33%. (15 to 20)
- Increased debuff duration on crossing a Fence by 100%. (1.5 to 3 seconds)
- Increased the time allowance to be hit again by a subsequent Fence effect by 100%. (0.5 to 1 second).
- Decreased recharge time by 50% (30 to 15 seconds).
- Increased placement range by 50%.
- Decreased the delay between Fences shutting off and reactivating after an ally passes through them by 60%. (1.0 -> 0.4 seconds)
- Wattson now moves at Unarmed-speed while readying/placing Fence nodes.
- Fence nodes can now be placed as soon as the weapon is readied, instead of waiting for the animation to finish.
Ultimate - Interception Pylon
The Pylon output has been significantly reworked.
- Reduced the number of active Pylons Wattson can place from 3 to 1.
- The Pylon now lasts forever (instead of timing out after 90 seconds).
- The Pylon now has a pool of 250 Shields that can be distributed to nearby players, instead of effectively infinite Shields.
- Increased the Pylon shield recharge rate by 150%, and smoothed regen rate. (2/second -> 5/second, or more accurately: 1/0.5 seconds -> 1/0.2 seconds)
- When a Pylon is out of Shields, it no longer recharges players' Shields, but can still zap incoming ordnance.
- Taking damage while regenerating Shields via the Pylon delays continued regeneration by 1 second.
- The UI on the ground and HUD elements now displays the amount of Shields that remain in the Pylon.
- Pinging a friendly Pylon will now display the percentage of Shields remaining in the Pylon.
Pylon ordnance-zapping has been moderately reworked.
- Ordnance is now zapped when the Pylon detects that it would hit any surface within range and line of sight of the Pylon, instead of being zapped as soon as it comes within range.
- As a part of the changes, current issues where the Pylon doesn't reliably zap ordnance (particularly concerning airstrike abilities, and ordnance that bounced off surfaces near the Pylon) should now be addressed.
BALANCE CHANGES: Weapons/Items
- Fire rate reduced from 2.1 to 2.0
- Slightly increased pellet size
- Choke up time reduced from 1.5s to 1.25s
- Choked up shots remain tight for slightly longer when exiting ADS
- Damage reduced from 60 to 55
- Reduced barrel effectiveness at all rarity tiers
- Significantly reduced projectile collision size
- Damage reduced from 18 to 17
- Damage increased from 34 to 36
- Double Tap added to Supply Drop G7 Scout
SUPPLY DROP WEAPON RATES
- Early game crate weapon rate increased from 25% to 50%
- Mid game crate weapon rate increased from 50% to 75%
- Late game crate weapon rate increased from 75% to 100%
QUALITY OF LIFE
- UI - teammates will now show that they are self-reviving on their in-world game tags.
- Added VO for players to communicate they are out of ammo.
- Updated the Arena Map Rotation Images to show up to five maps.
- Updated Social Awareness Badges to unlock as default for all accounts.
- UI/UX / Steam Only: Fixed issue where your online friends playing Apex didn’t count towards total online friends while in matches.
- Fixed bug for Placing a Caustic trap over a Seer Ultimate, that could result in the Ultimate being protected from taking damage.
- Updated Volt skin's charm placement to be moved up so that charms become more visible.
- Fixed bug with players losing extra Boosted Loader extra ammo if the player reloads before getting to base ammo amount.
- Steam: Fixed issue where if a player has a forward slash in their name, a backslash will be added right before it automatically.
- Legends- Retail - Hitting an enemy with Valk tactical missiles, can result in health damage even with shields equipped
- Fixed issue where players do not see Legend Select when starting a game in Trios and immediately advance to drop ship phase.
- + More
A new Battle Pass will arrive in Season 11, costing 950 Apex Coins. Or, you will be able to purchase the Battle Pass Bundle for 2,800 Coins.
It will feature new Weapon and Character Skins, Holosprays, Skydive Emotes, Apex Coins, Apex Packs, Weapon Charms and much more.
You'll unlock new rewards each time you level up with over 100 tiers to work your way through.
You can also receive free rewards if you don't feel like buying the Premium Battle Pass! Players can earn 7 Apex Packs, 6 Weapon Skins, 6 Loading Screens, Win Trackers for All Legends, 1 Music Packs, 300 Apex Coins and a Season Badge.
At this point, we have no concrete information on what Legend will join the likes of Valkyrie, Seer, and Horizon in this upcoming season.
The new favourite to join the ranks is Ash.
Ash is a Simulacrum, meaning that she is a robot with a human mind and first appeared in Titanfall 2 alongside Blisk.
Apex Legends insider Garret claims to have found lines of code within the game that make reference to Ash. In one of his YouTube videos, Garret included the “empty_lights_ash” code, which is a T-pose animation stance that all other legends have. Garret also claimed to have uncovered a holo spray — an item only available for playable legends — in the files.
Her abilities are fairly unique - first, titled “Marked Death”, is an ability thought to be a damage boost that will aid your team within a large area of effect.
Her Ultimate is believed to be a teleporting dash, similar to Wraith’s portal. Ash’s will reportedly be a far quicker teleport, which could offer a fantastic getaway when stuck in a sticky situation. The teleport will also leave a portal for you and your team to go back and forth.
New Map 'Storm Point'
To date, Apex Legends features three maps: Kings Canyon, World’s Edge, and Olympus. With World’s Edge introduced in Season 3 and Olympus in Season 7, a new map in Season 11 would keep in line with the current spacing between each new Apex arena.
For months, rumours and leaks have circulated regarding a tropical map which could be introduced in Apex’s future. Dataminer Shrugtal unveiled a “Tropic Island” title in the game’s code last year.
A tropical map named 'Storm Point' has now been confirmed thanks to the Escape Launch Trailer and it seems that wildlife may play a big part in the map.
This season's latest weapon is the C.A.R. SMG, a fully automatic, flexible weapon that originally appeared in Titanfall 1 and 2 - it was rumoured to appear at some stage last year but has been unseen until now.