New details have emerged!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the next entry within the iconic series, and with the game now being released worldwide, we're slowly apporaching the release of the mid-season update.
Season 2 Reloaded is going to bring a lot of changes for players, and we're going to runover all you need to know!
Here's all the changes!
Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded: Release Date
The new season has implemented a ton of content for fans to sink their teeth into, and while the game is largely the same; there's been a lot of balancing changes.
Now, the Reloaded update is going to implement even more content and fans will be able to check it out on March 15, 2023.
Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone Season 2 Reloaded Patch Notes
- Raid Episode 02. Take control of Captain Price, Farah, and Gaz as they progress through Atomgrad in search of a deadly warhead.
- Himmelmatt Expo Joins the Multiplayer Map Rotation. Deploy to a scenic winter getaway at an exclusive mountain resort in this new Core Multiplayer map.
- Celebrate WarzoneTM’s Third Anniversary. Celebrate the third anniversary of the March 2020 release of the original Call of Duty: Warzone with free gifts released every few days in the Store.
- Earn Season 02 Camos. Continue down the Path of the Ronin with additional challenges rewarding a new event camo for each weapon class.
- New Weapon. Take aim with the new Tempus Torrent Marksman Rifle
- For fans who grew up with Turtles. What happens when Shredder® from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® is brought into Call of Duty? He definitely doesn’t stop after 22 minutes of televised combat. Get this iconic villain in a new Tracer Pack Operator Bundle and unlock his ninjutsu powers.
Warning: Light Spoilers Ahead! Play the first Raid Episode to get the full context of the story so far!
Continuing the narrative of Atomgrad Episode 01, Captain Price, Farah, and Gaz find themselves at the base of a ballistic missile. It’s their mission to identify and acquire the attached payload, meaning they’ll first need to ascend the interior silo while encountering increasing enemy resistance.
Along the way, these Operators will need to navigate this intricate facility littered with traps, so be prepared to work as a team if you hope to succeed and reap the mission’s rewards.
Complete Raid Episode 02 to unlock the “Bad Boonie” Operator Skin for Captain Price, which can be used across Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0 online modes.
No Assignment Necessary
As part of the Season 02 Reloaded update, anyone who owns Modern Warfare II will be able to access Raid Episode 1 and Raid Episode 2. There is no Raid Assignment required for access to this tactical team-based experience that continues the story of Task Force 141.
Form your trio of Modern Warfare II players and be ready to deploy with this quick guide to pre-update preparations.
Preparing for Special Ops Raid Episode 02
1. Get your kits in order. Prepare for the challenges ahead by playing Special Ops missions to earn Stars and level up your Kits, which give you more passive and active benefits during Raid Episodes and regular Special Ops Missions. If you already maxed out one Kit, try leveling another to increase your flexibility when approaching future missions. Also, check out the RAID BUNDLE Season 02 for a Special Ops Kit Boost that can help you get those Kits up to an elite standard.
2. Recon out. The Assault and Medic Kits are easy choices when confronting a Raid, as the Assault player can provide armor plates to their team while the Medic revives teammates more quickly. However, the Recon Kit is also just as important. The Kit starts with a Sentry Gun at Tier 3, which is especially valuable for Episode 2. Later abilities include recharging Lethal and Tactical Equipment at Tier 5 and added carrying capacity at Tier 7, which both make this Kit a bonafide utility option for an Operator to complete a well-rounded trio.
3. Revisit Episode 01. Solid communication will take you far when approaching the challenge of a Raid. Work on your comms skills with another deployment to Episode 01, especially on Veteran difficulty (if unlocked).
4. Find Your Task Force. We recommend inviting your two best squadmates in for this infiltration. However, if you are looking to find a new crew or want to play Raids with other Operators who like Special Ops, try using the new Find A Party option to find squadmates that speak your language, whether it’s your actual language over microphones or your preferred playstyle.
Mix business with pleasure at Himmelmatt Expo, a new Core (6v6) Multiplayer map situated on a European mountainside.
Tromp through the snowy streets, past the saunas and pool, and go for a drink — or better yet, a solid vantage point — in the Restaurant & Bar. Head into the main event center to shake off the cold and heat up in battles taking place across the lounge and terrace and in the enclosed theater below.
Deploy to Himmelmatt Expo in featured Playlists for Season 02 Reloaded, as well as within the Quick Play map rotation pool. For those looking to get a deeper dive into this brand-new map, check out the Call of Duty blog’s map guide to Himmelmatt Expo here.
Following up on the rerelease of Infected, Gun Game, and Grind for Modern Warfare II, Season 02 Reloaded drops three more party modes from Call of Duty’s near two-decade history:
Capture and hold the Drop Zone to earn points in this chaotic team-based mode. For every 15 seconds that the Drop Zone is occupied, a Care Package containing a Killstreak will be dropped in the vicinity. This makes rotating to the next Drop Zone a high priority so that you can dig in and start earning those packages ASAP.
All or Nothing
Equipped only with Throwing Knives and a pistol with no ammo, each Operator must fight for themselves in a race to earn 20 eliminations. Earn additional Perks by eliminating enemies, starting with the Scavenger Perk to allow for ammo pickups.
One in the Chamber
To celebrate three years of Warzone, all players will receive free items through the in-game Store that are themed around the maps, seasons, and memories made since its surprise launch on March 10, 2020. These rewards – seven in total – are all free items for those who claim them and include a Weapon Blueprint, Calling Cards and more.
Check the in-game Store daily to claim your rewards throughout Season 02 Reloaded. Here's to many more years of Warzone!
Whether you’re finished with the journey to Orion or only have a few weapons with Gold camouflage, there are some new Camo Challenges for you to complete with the Path of the Ronin event expansion, available in both Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0.
As part of Season 02 Reloaded, the Path of the Ronin will shift from the Seven Virtues of Bushido to another key aspect of the Ronin: the ability to be deadly with any given weapon. Each weapon category will have a specific challenge attached to it, which can be viewed and tracked through the in-game Event tab.
Completing a weapon challenge unlocks a new camouflage — Winds of Ash — for every weapon in that specific weapon category. Complete all ten challenges to earn another new camo for every weapon — Bowing Blossoms — as well as a golden Charm that represents your dedication to following the Path of the Ronin.
Here are the challenges at a glance:
- Assault Rifles: Get 125 headshots (eliminations)
- Battle Rifles: Get 75 headshots
- Submachine Guns: Get 100 headshots
- Light Machine Guns: Get 75 headshots
- Shotguns: Get 50 headshots
- Marksman Rifles: Get 50 headshots
- Sniper Rifles: Get 50 headshots
- Handguns: Get 30 headshots
- Melee: Get 30 kills from behind
- Launcher: Get 40 kills
Although the tasks are straightforward, there are still some things to keep in mind to help you progress more smoothly through the challenges.
1. Two birds, one stone. Smart Operators will see the parallels between these challenges and existing Camo Challenges. If you have yet to complete the requirements to unlock Orion Camo, or have not gotten it on every single weapon, then try to align these event Camo challenges with those for Polyatomic or other Camos on individual weapons.
2. Always carry a Launcher... Regardless of whether there’s an associated challenge or not, it’s always wise to carry a Launcher. Use it to take out enemy aerial streaks like UAVs or VTOL Jets, which can help equalize the match for you and the squad.
3. …Until it’s time for Overkill. Once you’ve got your Pistols, Melee Weapons, and Launchers out of the way, it might be a smart idea to use Overkill to double up on those remaining Primary Weapon categories. Not only does this give you more varied firepower, but it also allows you to work up to two Camo Challenges using the same Loadout. Otherwise, have plenty of alternate Loadouts set up to quickly switch between weapon categories.
Note: As part of the Season 02 Reloaded update, the initial Path of the Ronin challenges will be removed. Complete them before the update to earn all related rewards.
The Crossbow free functional weapon will still be available to unlock via a new weapon challenge in Season 02 Reloaded, which is as follows: “Get 50 Longshot Kills with Marksman Rifles.” Alternatively, a Weapon Blueprint of the Crossbow can be unlocked through purchase of a Store Bundle.
Season 02 Reloaded brings a new Marksman Rifle to the table — the Tempus Torrent. This weapon offers impressive damage and a fast-firing mechanism, making it a great Primary Weapon choice when deploying to the new Himmelmatt Expo Multiplayer map or to Ashika Island.
“This hard-hitting DMR from the Tempus Armament offers the versatility of the M4 Platform and the velocity and impact of 7.62 rounds. A patient hand and keen eye will result in on-target shots and quick kills.”
With a base capacity of 20 rounds, you can afford to utilize its fast fire rate in the heat of battle. Its recoil, though predictable, requires a steady hand, with a quick but noticeable kick up and to the left.
Like the KV Broadside, released earlier in Season 02, the Tempus Torrent has the unique property of being a new weapon on an existing platform from the Modern Warfare II launch. That means most attachments that were unlocked for the M4 Platform can be used on this weapon, so be sure to unlock everything from that platform to ensure maximum versatility when the Tempus Torrent becomes available.
The Tempus Torrent is typically a two-shot elimination unless you can land a headshot up through the midrange. Try pairing it with a short-range weapon — a Sidearm or an SMG or Shotgun using Overkill — for approaching tight areas like the event center.
How to unlock: Weapon Challenge – Get 25 Double Kills with Marksman Rifles – or via Store Bundle.
The Shuriken, a new lethal equipment piece that grants additional projectiles in exchange for not being retrievable, is already available in Season 02 through Resurgence game modes on Ashika Island within Warzone 2.0.
However, the Shuriken lethal equipment piece will not be available to be used in Custom Loadouts until after Season 02.
Emperor, Foot Clan Leader, Operator: Shredder Is Coming in Season 02 Reloaded
“The rat is mine.” — Shredder
The man, the myth, the villain.
Making his deadly debut in the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic in 1984, Shredder is the notorious leader of the Foot Clan that uses his bladed armor to empower his expert ninjutsu and martial arts techniques. Now he is coming to Call of Duty, ready to slice and dice any Operator who stands in his way of victory.
In addition to the Shredder Operator, this Bundle comes with three Weapon Blueprints, all based on the new weapons from the Season 02 Battle Pass. The first is the “Oroku” Shotgun, which takes the definition of shredding to a whole new level at close range. The other ranged weapon is the “Saki” Assault Rifle, quick on the draw and ready to handle any threats at short- to midrange. And, of course, Shredder does not show up to battle without his “Steel Claws” — use this Weapon Blueprint of the Dual Kodachi swords with Shredder or any Operator to make your opponents taste his blades.
Other Bundle items include a Weapon Vinyl, a Vehicle Skin for the Light Tank, and a Weapon Charm that you can show off to prove loyalty to the Foot Clan.