The party's over
As the Invasion takes over the island, players are exploring all of the out-of-this-world content on offer. The Cosmic Summer Celebration may be over, but the UFOs are still partying hard.
This update may have a big impact on the map and we may see the Lebron James skin added!
Here are the patch notes for the 17.20 update in Fortnite.
The next update is expected to arrive on the 20th July 2021.
This is due to the fact that we have challenges up until week 6 for Season 7 and usually Epic will update the game once they've run out of weekly content.
However, there is a possibility it arrived on the 13th July.
Maintenance traditionally begins at the following times:
12.30 AM PT
2.30 PM CT
Usually, the update ranges between 1-5GB, depending on the content in the update.
Here's the sizes for the most recent update.
- Xbox One - 3.2GB
- Xbox Series X - 2.9GB
- PS4 - 4.13GB
- PS5 - 3.2GB
- PC - 2.2GB
- Switch - 1GB
- Android - 2GB
Here are some updates and new features that may arrive in the new update:
- A 'Keep Playing Together' button for Squads, Trios and Duos - via @HYPEX
There will be brand new skins added to the mix as well as updates to old ones. The stand out skin is the Lebron James skin coming in the next update.
We're also getting a Summer Rippley skin too.
Looks like we will be getting a Summer Rippley too this season, the backbling to the right belongs to him cause it has the same codename as him but it ends with "Summer", here it is: "SlurpMonsterSummer" pic.twitter.com/uhS3mmqWZH— HYPEX (@HYPEX) June 23, 2021
According to Hypex, we may finally see the Cowinator weapon arrive. This weapon allows you to lift and throw objects, vehicles and players. It can be purchased for 600 gold from NPCs.
It sounds like Coral Castle will be destroyed in the next update or at some stage during 17.20.
Speculation is also rising that there will be an underground POI.
According to the Fortnite Community Trello Board, here's what's being updated in the next update:
General Top Issues
- Unable to perform Last Forever Emote
- New items automatically equipped after being picked up
- Grimey Outfit reactivity not working
- Difficulty scrolling through player list in Voice Chat tab on controller
Battle Royale Issues
- Cosmic Chest timers may remain on screen if a Bounty is poached
- Props drive vehicles erractically
- Ziplines temporarily disabled
- Vendor Rifts temporarily disabled
- Epic Chests may sometimes not provide any weapons in Arena
- The button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller.
- 'Hold inventory button' shortcut for accessing the Crafting menu is not working.
- Vehicle explosion not properly triggered with "Destroyed with Transmit" on.
- Lighting issues occurring while in Replay Mode
- Incorrect crosshair appears while using Rail Gun during gameplay in Creative
- Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of Island
Save The World Issues
- The Banner Gadget deals 89 flat damage vs 89 base damage
There are also a number of other issues that are being worked on that may arrive in time for the update.
Follow us for the latest updates!