Next up in Fortnite...
Update 17.40 will arrive in Fortnite tomorrow.
Fortnite updates are unique opportunities to refresh the content in the game and bring new challenges as well.
17.30 brought in the Rift Tour event and much more, so we can expect some fun inclusions this time too.
A lot of content tends to get mentioned before launch, thanks to dataminers and leakers, but a lot of it isn't revealed until the day of.
Here are the patch notes for the 17.40 update in Fortnite.
The next update will arrive on the 17th August 2021.
Servers will likely start to be disabled from 5.30AM UTC - those times are as follows:
- 12.30AM CT
- 1.30AM ET
Matchmaking is usually disabled 30 minutes before the update is pushed out.
This update should range between 1-5GB.
Expect brand new Cosmetics to be added in this update - most notably revolving around Wonder Woman and other unique skins.
With Wonder Woman's skin now confirmed, we can expect her to be added in the next update. Players can get her by entering the Wonder Woman Cup on Wednesday 18th August.
The new update will bring back the Corrupted Legends Pack - it will be available until the 30th August.
There's no known weapon updates at this time. But expect some weapons to be tinkered with, as well as potentially some vaulted or unvaulted.
Coral Castle is almost certainly being changed in the next update. The latest FNCS stream revealed an updated version of the POI split into chunks.
Craggy Cliffs may be set to be abducted next as the UFO Mothership begins to move in its direction.
According to the Fortnite Community Trello Board, here's what's being updated in the next update:
Battle Royale Issues
- Preferred Item Slots: Chug Cannon moving to incorrect slots
- Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player left the team
- Prop Disguise services temporarily disabled
- Unable to proceed in Free Guy Quest chain
- Players are ejected from vehicles in shallow water
- Adding the Skydome Device to the hotbar resets the island visually
- Match Making Portal Slow to update
- Creative Island images may reset to the original thumbnail image
- Latency issues on XL Islands
- Barrier Device Issues Summary
Save The World Issues
- Wrong Event Ticket displayed on the Beyond Stellar Horizons quest
- Certain items do not count towards players "Search Anything" objective during re-supply missions
- Healing Build Attached perk not restoring the proper amount
There are also a number of other issues that are being worked on that may arrive in time for the update.
Follow us for the latest updates!