Chapter 3 Season 2 of Fortnite is undergoing another update, which will be the first one in the young season that released a few weeks ago.
Fortnite's been undergoing one of the best periods the game has experienced from a casual perspective in quite some time, as its been soaring in popularity yet again.
Now, with patch 20.10 releasing soon we've got the latest info on what's to come!
Release Date And Time
Update 20.10 will release on the 5th April 2022 at 9AM BST.
- Xbox One - 4.66GB
- Xbox Series X/S - 4.2GB
- PS4 - 4GB
- PS5 - 3.6GB
- PC - 1.6GB
- Nintendo Switch - 4.1GB
- Android -
Battle lines are tested, an old favorite gets a new purpose, and a new AR is set to enter the fray. Introducing the Fortnite v20.10 update, check it out by playing either no-building Zero Build playlists or the recently returned Battle Royale playlists. That's right - building is back on the island!
THE BATTLE FOR DAILY BUGLE
IO and Resistance forces have gathered at The Daily Bugle in a major skirmish on the Island. Drop in and help the Resistance push back to gain amazing loot for the whole squad! Just be careful, Huntmaster Saber is on the prowl overhead.
HEAVY SNIPER RIFLE REWORKED
The Heavy Sniper Rifle is back in business and has been overhauled to combat the recent rampage of vehicles. Its high-caliber rounds now deal bonus damage to vehicles, making it the perfect tool to dismantle a Titan or breach an opponent’s defenses from long range.
Heavy Sniper Rifles can be found in chests, rare chests, and supply drops at Rare, Epic, and Legendary rarities. Be it a distant opponent or vehicle’s armored hull - none last long in the Heavy Sniper Rifle’s sights.
ASSAULT RIFLE FUNDING BEGINS
Grab those Bars and let your voice be heard - Donation Boards are open for funding! The Resistance trial period for the MK-Seven Assault Rifle and Combat Assault Rifle is over and now only one can stay on the Island.
Which one? You decide!
Donation Boards can be found at all major POIs pitting the two Assault Rifles against one another. Head to one and contribute Bars to the item you’d like to see the Resistance assemble en masse. First choice to reach 100% Funded based on everyone’s global contributions will win and enter the loot pool immediately!
BALANCE PATCH RECAP
A balance update last week made meaningful adjustments to the following items:
- Combat and Stinger SMG damage to players and structures reduced
- Combat SMG headshot damage reduced to match the Stinger
- MK-Seven and Combat Assault Rifle damage to players and structures reduced
- Titan tanks and Cow Catchers have been removed from competitive playlists.
FIXED KNOWN ISSUES
- Wins are now correctly tracked in the Career Leaderboard tab.
- Fixed an issue with Resistance Quests where players could not progress into Week 2.
- Fixed an issue that would cause vehicles to stutter and jerk when driving on flat terrain.
- The Fishing Collection Book no longer resets between matches and correctly saves progress.
- Fixed an issue where last season's quests displayed as tracked on the HUD if no other quests were tracked.
- Players are now able to use the Ziplines between wind turbines on Windbreakers Island.
- In order to maintain optimal performance, certain legacy or unsupported drivers will now default to Performance Mode when launching Fortnite.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle is not included in competitive playlists.
- The winner of the MK-Seven Assault Rifle vs Combat Assault Rifle vote will not immediately be unvaulted in competitive playlists when they’ve reached 100% Funded.
- The Daily Bugle is not under assault in competitive playlists, but Huntmaster Saber has still relocated.
The v20.10 adds a new weapon to take care of those pesky vehicles, and an update to the Wildlife, Creature, and Guard spawners.
BATTLE ROYALE WEAPONS
Rock vehicles with the Anvil Rocket Launcher. With the Anvil Rocket Launcher, look into its scope and lock onto your vehicle target. Once your target’s locked, fire a rocket that’ll go flying its way!
UPDATE: WILDLIFE, CREATURE, GUARD SPAWNERS
We’ve increased the max health of Wildlife, Creatures and Guards by up to 10 times the previous amount!
OTHER FEATURE UPDATES
- Additional fantasy music added to the Radio device, and sfx to the Speaker device.
PREFAB & GALLERY UPDATES
- Added 6 New Prefabs
- IO Blimp
- The Fortress
- 4 Command Cavern Prefabs
- Added 10 New Galleries
- 3 IO Blimp Galleries
- 2 The Fortress Galleries
- 4 Command Cavern Galleries
- Rocket League Prop Gallery
- Added prison assets to The Shark Wall Gallery, The Shark Floor & Stair Gallery and The Shark Prop Gallery.
- Added a sand dune fence to Sweaty Sands Prop Gallery.
Known issues: We’re aware of an issue that will prevent creators from opening the detailed view of the following galleries.
- Sweaty Sands Prop Gallery
- The Shark Wall Gallery
- The Shark Floor & Stair Gallery
- The Shark Prop Gallery
- The Shark Rock Gallery Large
- The Shark Rock Gallery
- The Shark Cliff Gallery
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed an issue that caused rocks from the Scorched galley to have no textures.
- Fixed issues with Tall Grass Galleries, where a bundle of grass could be destroyed by weapons and bundles would float above the ground when placed.
- Fixed an issue with assets in the Glass Prop Gallery, from displaying the correct customization name.
- Fixed a shadow casting issue with the Torchlight, from the Ambient Gallery.
- Fixed a texture issue with the fuel tank from EGO prefabs.
- Fixed an issue where an ArtDeco pillar would give the wrong resource material.
- Fixed an issue where some mushrooms, in the Resource Prop Gallery, were not showing health/damage.
- Fixed an issue that caused the sentry device to slide down uneven surfaces.
- Option to disable color glow and sound effect on the damage amplifier power up.
- Fixed an issue on Survival Island that caused lakes and other water to appear invisible.
- Fixed an issue where new islands made with the Frosty Fortress starter island did not have mantling, sprint, and shoulder bash on by default.
- Fixed an issue with some cosmetics that appeared as a bright glow when using the Visual Effect powerup.
- Fixed an issue that caused vehicles to often hit an invisible wall.
- Fixed an issue with join in progress for certain team-specific devices.
- Fixed a texture issue on fuel tanks.
- Fixed an issue where a player who was eliminated from a game could respawn on a different island.
- Fixed an issue that caused Team Settings and Inventory to override health restoration settings when switching teams.
- Fixed a missing icon issue with the ice block from the Ice House Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with being open to open General Props Gallery A in inventory.
Save The World
We have a loaded Status Report sailing in, so let's get right to it.
Homebase Status Report - Initiate!
SCURVY SHOALS RETURNS WITH A NEW MODIFIER ON APRIL 5 (8 PM ET)
The Scurvy Shoals is back, along with the treasure filled Pirate Llamas! This high sea venture is going to feel a little different this time around, as it will introduce a new modifier and bring back a returning one.
Things will get quite turbulent with the new Bouncy Husks modifier! With this modifier, Husks, Huskies, and Mist Monsters all have increased health, but they are more susceptible to knockbacks, especially from ranged and melee weapons. Send those Husks back into the Storm that they came from!
Time to start looting like a real pirate! With the Super Treasure modifier, treasure chest filled with valuable loot will periodically drop after defeating enemies. Keep in mind Commanders; the tougher the enemy you defeat, the more likely a chest will drop from it. Great enemies mean great rewards!
With the addition of the Bouncy Husks modifiers, the Super Husks modifier has been removed from Scurvy Shoals.
R.O.S.I.E. HAS BEEN UPGRADED
It's here Commanders! The long awaited upgraded R.O.S.I.E. has shipped to a Homebase near you. Let's throw it to our expert weaponsmith, Clip, to get a detailed look at what R.O.S.I.E. has to offer now!
Hey Commanders, sorry for the long wait on this upgrade. We really wanted to make sure that we got R.O.S.I.E. working just right for our hard working Constructors. Let’s run down all the changes that have come to R.O.S.I.E.
No more overheating: Commanders are now free to fire away with R.O.S.I.E. as our technological advancements have allowed us to bypass the troubles of overheating.
- Now that overheating is no longer an issue, the Cold Lead perk will now allow R.O.S.I.E. to hold 20% more ammo.
- Better from a distance: The damage fall off to enemies at a distance has been greatly reduced, adding more combative versatility to R.O.S.I.E.
- Quicker activations: After initial use, it would take Commanders quite a while to be able to summon R.O.S.I.E. again. That issue will be reduced as the R.O.S.I.E. cooldown has decreased by 33%.
A new shield: One weakness of using R.O.S.I.E. is that it would leave its operators vulnerable to ranged attacks. Well their security is now improved with the new anti-projectile shield that will form around R.O.S.I.E. whenever it is deployed.
- Commanders will have the option to sacrifice the shield which will trigger a large knockback. This is especially useful when hordes of melee Husks get a bit too close to the turret.
I hope you enjoy our improvements Commanders.
-Cassie “Clip” Lipman
DUNGEONS ARE BACK!
It’s madness season again! Fight monsters, dodge traps, gear up and descend into the depths to confront the raging evil below. They say there are Weapons and Heroes to recruit along the way. Magical Keys, a deep and dark labyrinth, golden coins... sounds like it’s time to do some exploring. Complete Dungeons to unlock Heroes, a Loading Screen, and more!
In case you missed out on it last time dungeons were around, be sure to check out the newest dungeon, The Lab.
Check out what Heroes can be earned from braving through the dungeons.
- Standard Perk: Unearthly Treat
- Increases Damage vs. Mist Monsters by up to 42% based on the percentage of your missing health.
- Commander Perk: Unearthly Treat+
- Increases Damage vs. Mist Monsters by up to 42% based on the percentage of your missing health. In addition, taking damage has a 45% chance to conjure a Phantasm (targets a nearby enemy, dealing 62 base Energy damage in a 0.5 tile radius, 1.5 second cooldown)
- Standard Perk: From the Depths
- Increases Melee Damage by 44% based on the percentage of your missing health.
- Commander Perk: From the Depths+
- Increases Melee Damage by 44% based on the percentage of your missing health. Additionally, melee heavy attack eliminations have a 60% chance to conjure a Phantasm (targets a nearby enemy, dealing 62 base Energy damage in a 0.5 tile radius, 1.5 second cooldown)
- Standard Perk: Quick Fingers
- Whenever you use any ability, Quick Fingers reloads your equipped weapon (if it can be reloaded).
- Commander Perk: Quick Fingers+
- Whenever you use any ability, Quick Fingers reloads your equipped weapon (if it can be reloaded). When you reload a weapon this way, you have a % chance to summon a phantasm based on how empty the clip was, with a cap of 80%.
COMING APRIL 5 (8 PM ET) - START PLUNDERING IN YARRR’S QUESTLINE
THE YARRR QUESTLINE!
BLAKEBEARD THE BLACKHEARTED
- Standard Perk: Avast Mateys
- Increases yarrrrr Cannonball Damage by 20%
- Commander Perk: Avast Mateys+
- Increases yarrrrr Cannonball Damage by 40%. Converts R.O.S.I.E to fire 25 cannonballs.
COMING APRIL 10 (8 PM ET) - COTTONTAIL EAGLE EYE AND RABBIT RAIDER JONESY EGG THE EVENT STORE
COTTONTAIL EAGLE EYE
- Standard Perk: Un-Eggs-Pected Departure
- Phase Shift leaves 3 eggs bombs, which deal 18 base Damage to nearby enemies.
- Commanders Perk: Un-Eggs-Pected Departure+
- Phase Shift leaves 3 eggs bombs, which deal 55 base Damage to nearby enemies.
RABBIT RAIDER JONESY
- Standard Perk: Sure Shot
- Increases Sniper Critical Damage by 75%
- Commanders Perk: Sure Shot+
- Increases Sniper Critical Damage by 225%
COMING APRIL 17 (8 PM ET) - DASHING HARE KEN AND THE EASTER EGG LAUNCHER SPRING INTO THE EVENT STORE
DASHING HARE KEN
- Standard Perk: Eggs-termination
- Kunai Storm throws 3 egg bombs, which each deal 37 base damage to nearby enemies.
- Commander Perk: Eggs-termination+
- Kunai Storm throws 3 egg bombs, which each deal 111 base damage to nearby
EASTER EGG LAUNCHER
THE MECHA-POP STARTER PACK
Last but certainly not least: Mecha-Pop joins the rest of the Homebase Bots on the battlefield!
The Mecha-Pop Pack brings a new Outfit, the Pop-Pack Backbling, the Pneumatic Pop-Axe, the Mecha-Pop Pack Challenges and access to Save the World. These exclusive Save the World challenges will earn you 1,500 V-Bucks
The Cosmetic items of this Pack will be shared through Battle Royale, Save the World and Creative game modes. This new Pack series will have no impact on existing Founder daily login rewards or their V-Bucks earned, which is exclusive to early access Founders. These outfits may appear in the item shop in the future
Enjoy ye’ plundering Commanders!
- Klombos may return
Tactical Sprint Changes
- Recharge Amount Per Second has been doubled
- Recharge start delay nerfed from 1s to 2.5s
- Epic Games might tinker with the idea of having Zero Build in competitive as a selectable option, as a Zero Build mode for Arena Mode was added in all team sizes (Solos, Duos, Trios, Squads).
- Epic Games has updated the lootpool for Solid Gold to support Chapter 3 - Season 2's lootpool.
Phase 3, 4, 5 & 6 of The Seven & IO war territories 👀 pic.twitter.com/rgVpJId1J2— HYPEX (@HYPEX) April 5, 2022
Skins And Cosmetics
- Chili Chug Splash unvaulted
- Jetpacks have been re-added
- Rocket Launcher has been buffed so the rocket can travel faster
- Seven Tanks are ingame
We're also going to be keeping tabs on Fortnite's Community Trello board, where they'll update all the bugs and glitches they're going to be patching this update!
Battle Royale Issues
- Unable to use Ziplines between wind turbines on Windbreakers Island
- Vaults at Seven Outposts do not open
- Fishing Collection Book Resetting
Creative Top issues
- Some items missuing Guard tags
- Joining a Creative game in progress may lock the new player out until the round ends
- Unable to Control Quadcrasher While Flying
Save the World Top Issues
- Destroyed beds are not being counted towards quest completion
- Map/Lobby in STW looks very bright sometimes
- Storm Shield Bases reset after leaving
Switch And Mobile Issues
- OnePlus 9 users don't have a 90 FPS option
- Black textures can be seen flashing in the sky
- Scoreboards may show double on the HUD in some Creative matches