Fortnite's debut season for Chapter 3 is coming to an end TODAY. Chapter 3 came in with a bang, featuring everyone's favourite Web Slinger and a WWE icon.
A new season means a fresh overhaul of content for players to enjoy. The map, weapons and skins are just some of the things to get an overhaul. It doesn't stop there as many functions structures in the game are changed such as the way XP is earny and how quests are laid out.
So what can we expect this season in Fortnite? Here's what's new in Chapter 3 Season 2.
Players can expect to see update Chapter 3 Season 2 to release sometime on March 20th, 2022 at 7PM UTC.
Servers are now back online!
The new season will end on the 3rd June 2022.
Here are the sizes for the Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 update:
- Xbox Series X: 9GB
- Xbox One: 9GB
- PS4: 7GB
- PS5: 6.75GB
- PC: 16.3GB
- Switch: 6GB
- Android: 2.96GB
We'll update this regularly as we hear more - be sure to bookmark this page. Check out the below for the latest leaks!
Here are some of the highlights from this patch:
- The Seven and IO are going to war with each other controlling areas of the map
- New Hit-marker sounds for shooting an enemy with white health
- New Supply Drop
- New Weapons including the Thermal AR
- Doctor Strange features in the new Battle Pass
- Unvaulted weapons include Shockwave Grenades, Revolver, Burst-Fire AR/AUG, Remote Explosives, Pump Shotgun, Heavy Sniper
- Parkour and climbing
- Shoulder Bash: Auto opens doors when sliding or tactical sprinting through them.
- Mantle: Players grab onto ledges and pull themselves up when jumping.
- Overshield: Additional shield that protects players from damage.
- Creative Proximity Chat.
New Quest Bundles:
- Bootcamp Tutorial (Tutorial for Sliding, Sprinting, Mantling
- No Permit (One Quest is related to Island Jammers)
- Milestone & Seasonal Bonus Goals (same system as last season)
- Funding Stations have returned
- No Build Mode being added
Check out the Patch notes for Creative and Save The World below!
Players can expect 100 Tiers of rewards ranging from Skins, Backblings, Pickaxes, Gliders, V-Bucks and more!
There are also additional rewards to unlock during the season throw completing Special Quests and levelling up past level 100.
We're expecting the price to remain the same for the Battle Pass - costing 900 V-Bucks to purchase the premium Battle Pass with a free option still remaining.
Those that want to push on and give themselves an advantage can pay for the Battle Pass Bundle. Costing 2800 V-Bucks, it gives players an additional 25 tiers from the get-go.
How Will It Work?
The Battle Pass will adopt the same style as it has done in the past few seasons, opting for players to collect Battle Stars and unlock what they want at their own pace.
When Season 1 began, we got an entire map change. This is usually the formula Fortnite upholds for new chapters, but as new seasons begin, only some areas and parts of the map change to reflect the overarching story. We are likely to get a new POI or two, but the map will still remain true to its original shape and layout.
Here's the new map below:
@HYPEX has mentioned the following:
"Over the course of the season, it's clear that the IO is preparing for something big as their drills appear across the map, probing for weakness in the Seven's foothold on the island."
HYPEX has also stated that we could see a replication of the infamous rocket event from Chapter 1, due to a location looking very similar to a rocket launch pad, along with certain game files relating to this.
Some of the battlefields around the map. pic.twitter.com/WTc9Xye01D— FortTory - Fortnite leaks & news (@FortTory) March 20, 2022
There are a lot of bombs on the blimps 😳 pic.twitter.com/Xf3EVnVUkS— FortTory - Fortnite leaks & news (@FortTory) March 20, 2022
Peely and Quackling will be NPCs this season according to @iFireMonkey.
Zoe Clas may will be this season's starter pack.
Another skin to come could be Cloud Strife...
Doctor Stranges pickaxe pic.twitter.com/qUPRDeNym5— FortTory - Fortnite leaks & news (@FortTory) March 20, 2022
Chapter 3 Season 2 Win Umbrella! pic.twitter.com/pzFMyvs7eh— Happy Power (@HappyPower) March 20, 2022
Doctor Strange his Glider! pic.twitter.com/o6bpIcVOnB— FortTory - Fortnite leaks & news (@FortTory) March 20, 2022
New Emoticons in Chapter 3 Season 2 pic.twitter.com/q6qYYsLYvp— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) March 20, 2022
New Weapons, Vehicles And Items
- Thermal AR
- Cow Catcher Vehicle Mod
- Homing Launcher
- Battle Bus Vehicle
- Repair Tool
- Seven Tank
- Tactical Overshield
REVOLVER UNVAULTED + New "Cow Catcher" Vehicle Mod pic.twitter.com/8XTLP6MTRq— Shiina (@ShiinaBR) March 20, 2022
There will be a new Supply Drop:— FortTory - Fortnite leaks & news (@FortTory) March 20, 2022
- Seven Supply Drop pic.twitter.com/sA3Omuu6cm
- Spider-Man Web Shooters
- Thermal Scoped AR
- Drum Shotgun
- Remote Explosives
- Thermal Scoped Revolver
- Storm Scout Sniper Rifle
- Shockwave Grenades
- Burst-Fire AR/AUG
- Remote Explosives
- Pump Shotgun
- Heavy Sniper
- Choppa Vehicle
- Ranger Assault Rifle
- Striker Pump Shotgun
- Auto Shotgun
- Sidearm Pistol
- Stinger SMG
- Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper
- Shadow Tracker
- Marksman Six Shooter
- The Dub
- Boom Sniper Rifle
SOME LEAKS:— HYPEX (@HYPEX) March 20, 2022
- Upcoming Vehicle: Quad Bike
- Tool Boxes are back for some reason (the ones that drop nuts n bolts)
- C4s now do x12 the damage to vehicles
- Thermal Flopper duration changed from 45s to 30s
- Heavy Snipers do more damage to vhicles
NEW UPCOMING VEHICLE (BALLERS v2)— HYPEX (@HYPEX) March 20, 2022
- Codename: "HamsterBallPrototype"
- It has 400 Health
LARGE VEHICLES HP (probably tanks or blimps):
Tool Boxes are back or at least returning very soon, they now have a 30% spawn chance instead of 15.— HYPEX (@HYPEX) March 20, 2022
Crafting return? 👀 pic.twitter.com/3tLjHoILos
AIR STRIKES WILL RETURN, NEW STATS:— HYPEX (@HYPEX) March 20, 2022
- Builds/Buildings Damage changed from 200 to 400
- Players Damage changed from 75 to 60
- New Vehicles Damage: 240
- Rockets speed increased
- Rockets amount reduced from 30 to 20
- Range slightly increased pic.twitter.com/s2H0MDO1yK
THERE'S AN UPCOMING "new single barrel break action" SHOTGUN!!— HYPEX (@HYPEX) March 20, 2022
Gaining the high ground has always been key to winning a battle and fortunately, where your feet fail, your hands will now help you out. If a surface is just a little too high for your jump — or a platform just a little too far for your landing — your hands can come into play and pull you up!
Run at the new, faster default movement speed. A faster default movement speed means a faster sprint too! This sprint is so fast that it’ll mean pocketing whatever you’re holding. Of course, sprinting super fast can't be maintained forever, so a new sprint meter will tell you how much longer you can move at that pace.
If your game has no building, it might be wise to throw in an Overshield to help! To help maintain cover, you now have an Overshield on top of your Shield and Health. The Overshield is your first line of defense to protect your Shield and Health, it will recharge on its own if it goes all the way down to 0. Make sure to find cover while it's recharging!
Speaking of sprinting, sprint at doors to bash them open with your shoulder. It’s probably not very polite, but at least you look cool doing it.
(You can also slide into doors to open them now!)
All these new features can be turned on and off via the My Island Settings menu.
- Existing islands will default all these new features to OFF to avoid disrupting current gameplay. You can, of course, turn them on manually via the My Islands Settings menu.
- New islands will default these new features to ON when you create them to reflect the current state of Fortnite. Likewise, you can turn any or all of them off manually after island creation.
BATTLE ROYALE WEAPONS
Like the Combat Assault Rifle and Combat Pistol, the Combat SMG packs a heavy punch. Tame its recoil to get the most out of its exceptional power.
STRIKER BURST RIFLE
The Striker Burst Rifle is a burst-rifle with a customized sight. Strike with this two-shot semi-automatic weapon as you aim with the scope!
THE REPAIR TORCH: A HEALING ITEM FOR YOUR VEHICLES!
Whether your Mudflap’s been subject to explosives, your Motorboat’s been running too long on land, or your Titan’s been targeted at the treads, fix it up with a Repair Torch! Repair Torches restore the Health of vehicles, and if they run out of fuel to ignite? Fill ‘em back up at a gas pump!
NEW: FIREFLY SPAWNER
Great news creators; Fireflies have migrated and have found their way to your Creative islands! Now you can place swarms of fireflies that players can collect for themselves instead of you having to grant them via devices.
OTHER FEATURE UPDATES
- The Collectibles gallery now has Class support with the ability to make Collectibles available (and even visible) to only a selected Class.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed a LOD issue with the green light post from the Gazebo Prefab.
- Fixed an issue with the Skydive Volume device that caused players to remain in skydive animation after a game would end in Creative.
- Fixed an issue with the round settings device that included inaccurate settings such as Join in Progress.
- Fixed an issue with the Teleporter that caused a Link to Target to fail after Game Start
- Fixed an issue with the Random Number device that caused the numbers to not line up correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the Pop-up Dialog device that caused no icons to be copied to the quick bar using the phone tool.
- Fixed an issue where the Fire Volume device setting Allow Objects to Ignite did not override Enable Fire island settings on some platforms.
- Fixed an issue that caused a player to enter DBNO in single-player games.
- Fixed an issue with the phone tool and pickaxe bindings appearing to be switched during gameplay.
- We have made some changes to how content is sorted within the Creative Inventory.
- Anything categorized as Recently Added or New This Season will now appear at the top of its assigned tab. Previously, this was only done for Prefab and Gallery tabs.
- Consumables can now be sorted by rarity.
- Content seasonally categorized as Spring will now appear higher up the list.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Thermometer to not display correctly on XL Islands.
Save The World
WHAT’S CHANGING EXACTLY?
- Starter packs that include Save the World access will no longer include a Hero or any X-Ray Tickets. They will still include cosmetic items (Outfit, Back Bling, and Pickaxe), and their challenges will grant an additional 500 V-Bucks (for 1500 total).
- The Mecha-Pop Pack will be the first one to use this new format.
- Llamas will no longer be purchased with V-Bucks. They will still be available, but will be acquired with X-Ray Tickets earned in-game from Mission Alerts, Daily Quests, etc.
- Non-Founders will continue to earn X-Ray Tickets as they do today.
- Founders will begin earning X-Ray Tickets in addition to the V-Bucks they already earn.
- The Stonewood campaign quests will grant additional Llamas and X-Ray Tickets to ease the early progression for new players.
- Players who have already finished these quests will receive a gift box containing the new quest rewards.
- Recovering items from the collection book will now cost an in-game currency (Flux) instead of V-Bucks.
DOES THIS CHANGE HOW SAVE THE WORLD IS PURCHASED/ACCESSED?
- No. Save the World will remain a paid offering, access will still be sold via starter packs that include Save the World, and the price point of those packs is not changing.
WHAT ABOUT THE ITEMS I’VE ALREADY PURCHASED/COLLECTED?
- Your collection of items is not being affected in any way by this change.
- This change will not reduce your ability to earn or upgrade gameplay-affecting items through play.