Sons of the Forrest has officially launched in early access, and given the success of it's other entry, The Forrest, there's no telling how high this game can climb.
Now, they've gone ahead and released the sixth patch since the game has released, and we're going to breakdown all the details.
Sons of The Forrest Patch 6 - Full Update Notes and More
For those who don't already know, Sons of the Forrest has been ramping out patches since the game released back in February of this year.
With this said, they've also made some significant changes to the quality of life of the game, along with overall changes.
Below is all the patch notes for update six.
- Hard survival difficulty mode added.
- Stone pickups added to world.
- Buildable stone fireplace, stone walls, stone beams, and stone columns.
- Custom effigies.
- Advanced log sled can now hold logs, rocks, stones, sticks and bones
- Countdown clocks added to dining area of food and dining.
- Blown apart limbs added to exploded bathroom in bunker luxury.
- The cooking pot and flask can now be dumped out with right mouse button.
- Cooking pot will now be placed on the fire immediately if the player is holding the pot while interacting with the fire.
- If a fire is broken while the pot is cooking, the pots contents is reset back to water. The recipe is retained if the pot was done cooking when the fire is destroyed.
- Added some water movement to the pot when not boiling.
- Visual and audio improvements to steady water drip FX in caves.
- Improvements and fixes to Lava sound and visuals.
- Adding thunder sounds to lightning strikes in space city view of gold room cutscene.
- Rain catcher will no longer show the refill icon until there is at least enough water for one drink.
- The pot can now be re-added to the fire even if it has a completed recipe in it.
- The hotkey UI will no longer show up in quick select and grab bag menus and only be visible when in the inventory.
- Added loading hints for Comfort rating and Sleeping indoors vs outdoors.
- Added a loading hint for cooking bonuses.
- Fish traps now run in game time instead of real time to work better with pausing and sleeping.
- Fish caught in traps will no longer go rotten.
- Added UI for current cooking bonuses.
- Improved UI for cooking recipes.
- Added a new equip/unequip animation for shotgun that is simpler and matches the idle held pose, so blending feels smoother and less awkward.
- Cannibals will sometimes drag their dying friends away from the player.
- General optimizations to reduce AI update cost.
- Kelvin can now pickup stones.
- Kelvin can now fill the log sled with sticks, rocks, and stones.
- Reduced some oversaturated animal spawn areas and spread them out more.
- Fixed dead bodies in beach cave floating in multiplayer games when host player is not in the cave.
- Player effigies cause fear to cannibals based on number of body parts.
- Spearing multiple fish will visually stack on spear instead of all overlapping.
- AI are no longer blocked by defensive stick spikes, but still take damage
- Sleeping outdoors will now give less rest than sleeping indoors.
- The amount of rest gained by the player is now modified by their current comfort rating (certain soups and clothing can affect comfort rating).
- Lowered chance of meds in crates.
- Large Demons can now sometimes appear above ground after end game.
- Lumberjack juice recipe has been reworked so that it’s easier to make in peaceful games.
- Added hard survival to start difficulty settings.
- Cooking buff durations changed from 8 hours to 4 hours in game time.
- Hard survival; Reduced food spawns in crates. No Item storage crate respawn on load in this game mode. Lowered fish and animal spawns. Decreased target health and stamina regen speeds while cold. Increased penalty for raw/rotten meats.