What's next for Valorant?
Valorant's most recent patch was the big release of the new Act, and with this come a fair amount of changes, but nothing compared to previous patches.
With Riot recently changing a few agents, the next update should balance these out further and adjust some quality of life issues.
Here's what you need to know regarding Patch 6.07.
6.06 is the next patch in the new Episode, and will release on April 11th, 2023.
6.07 Patch Notes
Hi! Jo-Ellen here.
Bind has finally returned. You’ll notice some significant changes after being out of the Unrated and Competitive queues for a while so let us know what you think.
Also in this patch notes: Sova’s Recon Bolt has some updates and there are also changes to our AFK/queue dodging interventions system.
UI INDICATORS UPDATE
In an effort to consolidate and make consistent our use of UI indicators throughout our roster, we’ve updated some abilities to have or not have UI indicators.
- Yellow indicator removed from Leer (C)
- Critical danger indicator added to FRAG/ment (C)
- Yellow indicator removed from Seekers (X)
- Yellow indicator removed from Alarmbot (E)
- Yellow indicator removed from Trademark (C)
- Exit room for B Long to A Lobby teleporter has been moved to outside A Bath.
- A Lobby has been adjusted to accommodate the new teleporter location.
- Doorway from A Lobby into A Bath has been widened.
- Doorway from A Bath to A Site has been widened.
- Radianite crates on A Site have been adjusted.
- Barrel has been added on A Site.
- Back wall on A Site has been adjusted.
- Defender Spawn to B Site doorway has been widened.
- Utility window has been added to B Site into B Hall.
PLAYER BEHAVIOR UPDATES
We have made improvements to our interventions system for violations when it comes to player participation.
- We’re increasing the amount of Ranked Rating loss for repeated ranked queue dodging
- We’re introducing a 1 day ranked restriction for people who frequently take part in excessive AFK behavior, sooner than previously introduced ranked restrictions
You can read more about this here.
- Projectiles will now reset their blue travel trail when teleporting, removing the line that connects from teleporter to teleporter. This trail is only visible to allies.
- (late notes for Patch 6.06) Fixed a bug where Agents are able to drop both primary and secondary weapons while planting or defusing the Spike.
- Fixed a bug in the minimap where teleport abilities can reveal an Agent’s out-of-sight minimap location when under packet loss.
- Fixed an issue where some players’ outline/fresnel were displayed even when “Hide Outlines and Fresnel” setting was enabled.
- Fixed a bug (previously fixed in 3.10 but cases of this issue were recently reported) where sometimes outgoing packet send rate was lower than intended for game clients running at > 128 FPS.
- Fixed issues where vision cones of vertical wall-type abilities (Phoenix’s Blaze (C), Viper’s Toxic Screen (E), Harbor’s High Tide (E)) could flicker or distort on the minimap.
- Fixed a bug where the social panel from the in-game options screen was sometimes getting stuck open (for example when you opened the social panel, closed the options screen, then opened the options screen again).
- Fixed a bug where when the in-game language is Arabic and you enter an English word first in a chat message, it would break the right-to-left format standard of text in Arabic.